- The journal Zdravotníctvo a sociálna práca (Health and Social Work) was established in 2006 at Faculty of Health and Social Work of blessed P.P. Gojdič in Prešov, St. Elizabeth University College of Health and Social Work in Bratislava.
- Previously professional journal, within 5 years developed into an international, peer-reviewed scholarly journal, published quarterly (4 issues per year).
- The journal became international in 2009. The journal is published and distributed in the Slovak Republik and also in the Czech republic, in Slovak and Czech mutation.
- Since 2011, the journal is published both in print and as electronic issues, available from: www.zdravotnictvoasocialnapraca.sk and www.zdravotnictviasocialniprace.cz
- To enable the availability also to students, health care and social care professionals and the scientific community, the electronic issues are open access. However, for manuscript publication, the journal charge fees to authors.
- The part of journal is Supplementum, to publish abstracts from international conferences organized by the St. Elizabeth University of Health and Social Work in Bratislava.
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HEALTH, NEW TECHNOLOGIES AND SOCIAL WORK
Including Public Health, New Technologies, Nursig, Laboratory Medicine, Social Work and Education
Journal abbreviation: Int J Health New Tech Soc Work
Formerly Zdravotníctvo a sociálna práca / Zdravotnictví a sociální práce (Health and Social Work)
Journal abbreviation: Zdravot. Soc. Práca
International Scientific Journal of Health, Nursing, Laboratory Medicine, Education and Social Work
- Starting by issue No. 3 in 2014, the scope of the journal has broaden and the journal is covering health sciences, such as Public Health, Nursing, Laboratory Medicine, but also helping professions such as Social Work or Pedagogy. Collaboration with Faculty of Health and Social Work of Trnava University in Trnava was initiated.
- Starting by issue No. 4 in 2016, the journal accepted the Harvard style of referencing, and changed guidelines for the authors to meet the standards common in international journals in the field of health sciences and helping professions.
- The journal is indexed in the following databases: Central and Eastern European Online Library – CEEOL (since 2018), Bibliographia Medica Slovaca (BMS), and Slovak reference database CiBaMed.
- In 2020, the journal celebrated its 15th year of publication. Since last 2020 the journal has published all articles in English only.
- In 2021, the journal “Zdravotníctvo a sociálna práca” (Health and Social Work) was renamed to International Journal of Health, New Technologies and Social Work Including Public Health New Technologies, Nursing, Laboratory Medicine, Social Work and Education. Electronic issues available from: www.journalofhealth.online.